We help clients to accelerate and sustain their transformations through capability building, execution excellence, and Sales Strategies that work
Organizations are constantly transforming themselves in response to changing markets and seismic shifts in the nature of work. Realizing the full impact of these changes is often a challenge, however. Most commonly, organizations squander value when they don’t focus on execution and change management or on the leadership and functional capabilities required to address their current and future skill gaps.
A leader in Sales Strategies that work, technology services and digital transformation, SMF360 is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
STRATEGIC PLANNING and Sales Strategies that work
Over the long term, strategic planning yields major benefits by continuously evaluating your company’s performance against strategic goals and using benchmarks to tell you how external changes are affecting your progress. We help clients build and maintain a relevant planning and performance management system, with clearly articulated objectives and metrics to stay on track, a business without a goal it is just a dream. Sales Strategies that work
Sales & Channel Management
We help clients make lasting improvements to the effectiveness of their sales investments and interactions with customers across all channels to drive sales growth.
Our approach to sales transformations encompasses how and to whom companies sell their products and services, the channels they use, and the back-office operations that support these efforts. Where necessary and appropriate, we also help clients address specific challenges in their go-to-market strategy, sales-force effectiveness, key-account management, and other relevant areas. Our team consists of more than 80 partners and associate partners, and a broader affiliated group of more than 150 senior practitioners worldwide.
What we do
Our approach extends from quick targeted interventions that unlock value (e.g., improving a client’s key-account management program) to more holistic sales transformations focused on architecture, execution, and skill-building opportunities across the client's entire go-to-market model:
- Optimize return on sales investments. Cutting sales costs without losing revenue is both art and science. Our collaborative approach helps companies gain transparency on the performance of their route-to-market mix while identifying potential improvement areas and concrete ways to achieve them, such as creating lean back-office sales operations.
- Find and capture pockets of “granular growth.” Nearly every company with a dispersed customer base and a large number of sales transactions has considerable opportunity for organic growth if it looks at the right level of granularity. We help companies take a fine-grained view by geography, industry segment, and offerings to find the hidden pockets of growth—including often overlooked small and medium-sized business segments—and then tailor the strategies and approaches needed to capture them.
- Align sales channels in a multichannel world. Customers are increasingly moving across all channels to get what they want. Some of them demand increased services for certain transactions while others prefer low-touch, 24/7 interactions. We help companies form effective selling strategies in all channels from key-account management to digital sales to indirect channel partners. Clients base these strategies on precise assessments of channel performance, channel economics, and customer preferences.
- Building the high-performing sales force. Today’s big company sales organizations often consist of thousands of people spread across vast geographies. To boost the effectiveness of these far-flung organizations, we help build necessary skills in the organization by providing innovative, hands-on programs that include performance dialogues, train-the-trainer capability building, and a “field and forum” approach for sales managers that combines classroom and on-the-job learning. This component is critical in achieving sustained improvement.
Examples of our work
- Worked with a global high tech company to redesign its sales model, boosting productive field seller time by 25 percent and reducing cycle time by 24%, helping them sale more within same 12 months.
- Helped a distributor improve salesforce efficiency, leading to a 20 percent sales increase and 40 percent more cross-selling by tellers in the first 6 months following the engagement
- Designed and implemented a new go-to-market model for a franchise, reducing selling, general and administrative costs by 20 percent over 18 months
IMPACT RAPID STORY
Transforming a multi country sales force in record time A rapid ramping transformation program helps the dispersed sales force of a direct-services company increase lead-conversation rates by 24 percent and opportunity close by 20 percent.
Improvement in lead conversion rates
Improvement in customer retention
shorter sales cycle
What our clients say
I have known Max for around 15 years now and I can honestly say he is enthusiastic, hard working, reliable and gives 110% to whatever he is doing.
Max is very personable and loyal fun to work with whilst always having an eye for helping business. I wish he was still in the UK as I could use his talents in my business to develop more contacts and drive the business forward.
Max, a great professional business entrepreneur, I worked 6 years with Max whom I reported to as my Siemens PLM leader, he has a lot of energy, very much focused in getting the business goring, thriving and motivating, always moving the business forward to growth, we optimized our sales process and developed a territory plan which helped us achieve great growth.
“We were losing money and we jumped up our sales with SMF360, Coaching us”